What is CORE?
Practical, Theological, Discipleship
CORE is the vehicle by which people at Passion City Church become theologically trained, spiritually mature, and equipped to live out the Christian life.
These free courses consist of live teaching and are open to adults of all ages.
Fall | 9/27, 10/4, 10/11
Fall | 11/1, 11/8, 11/15
The Essence of ‘Good News’
This course explores the context, work, and teaching of Jesus Christ told through the four unique Gospel narratives. As arguably the most read books of the Bible, the Gospels offer so much more rich context and content that can deepen our faith and bring us closer to the person of Jesus.
Equip and Inspire Believers
This course is purposed to equip and inspire believers to share their faith and to be prepared to face hard and difficult conversations, as is increasingly common in our society. Some topics covered are morality, the distinction of Christianity, the proof of the resurrection, and the problem of pain.
The Biblical Framework of Money
This course digs deeper into how we view and choose to manage our finances. We start by addressing the biblical framework of money and shift into more practical topics like how to build a budget.
Deepen Interactions with Scripture
Bible Study Methods
This course is intended to help students learn practical tools for deepening their interactions with scripture. Focusing on an inductive method, this course covers both the importance for studying the Word and coaches students through what that looks like.
The Beliefs of the Church
This course digs into the history of the Church, exploring back to the Apostolic Era and the early Church fathers and builds from their to outline the works and marks of a holy, united, Christ-centered, Gospel-focused church. Topics include: Church history, Orthodox beliefs, ordinances, order, evangelism, edification, and worship.
Key Theological Truths
This course covers the key theological truths that shape our faith. Topics covered in Essential Theology include: Trinitarianism, the Characteristics of God, the inerrancy of the Word, the condition of man, the person of Jesus, the work of salvation, sanctification, the Church, and the future hope.
The Meta-Narrative of Scripture
The Scripture Narrative
This course covers the meta-narrative of the Scripture and walks through the text from Genesis to Revelation. Topics include: the covenants, the connections between testaments, the fulfillment of Christ, and the end of the story to come.
Live By The Spirit
This course walks through some of the Spiritual Disciplines and addresses the process of sanctification and how we can stay in step with the Spirit and give no provision to the flesh.
The Definition of Worship
Theology of Worship
This course teaches on the definition of worship and how the theme of worship is seen throughout all Scripture. The primary topics covered drive towards an understanding that worship is a lifestyle, not just an activity on Sunday mornings.
The Current State of Missions
This course teaches on the current state of missions within the world at large and the Church specifically. It delves into the heartbeat of why missions matter and what our role is in that command of Christ. Topics covered range from the 10/40 window, gospel poverty, and the theology of work.
The Heartbeat Behind CORE
With courses that cover a wide curriculum of theological topics, CORE provides a rich foundation that will strengthen your walk with Jesus.
By participating in CORE, you will:
1. Learn to walk more closely with Jesus.
2. Stabilize your theology and deepen your faith.
3. Become equipped to lead, shepherd, and teach.
Stories of CORE
Watch the videos below to hear from past CORE students. They share the impact CORE had on their personal relationship with Jesus, and what they were able to learn by taking a class.
Living a Spiritual Life
A Changing View of Scripture
A Deeper Understanding of Our Faith
Keronda Robinson's CORE Story
Hear how taking a CORE course helped grow her relationship with Jesus and why she feels taking a course is an important step in developing your spiritual life.
Tyler Chartier and Andrew Walker's CORE Story
Hear how taking a CORE course helped shift the way these Door Holders view scripture and developed their understanding of the core beliefs of our church.
Worship Team Door Holder's CORE Story
Hear how taking a CORE course created a deeper understanding of scripture and our faith for this group of worship team Door Holders in our House.
Since Fall 2020 CORE has seen…
69 Courses Offered
3000+ Courses Completed
4500+ Unique Students
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will classes be recorded and offered at a later date? As of now, we are not offering recordings of classes.
- Is it required to attend every class in order to sign up? While attendance is not mandatory, we highly encourage you to make each class a priority as the content is specifically designed to be best learned in a three-week period.
- Can I switch to an online class if I sign up for in-person? Our goal is that participants would continue in the class format that they originally signed up for. If you need to change from in-person to online class, please let us know with 48-hours advance of that particular class. In case of an emergency, please contact: email@example.com
- Do I have to pay to attend CORE? As of now, CORE is free to participate in and attend.
- How often will CORE classes be offered? CORE classes will be offered on a semester-by-semester basis (Spring, Summer, Fall).
- What is the workload like for CORE classes? We believe that Scripture calls men and women to become mature in Jesus. Therefore, in these CORE classes, you will be asked to work towards that deepened maturity through reading, thinking, and a practical assignment that reinforces the subject matter of the class.
- How many weeks does CORE last? Each CORE class is done over a three-week cycle, with each class being two hours long.
- How can I stay up to date on all CORE news? If you want more details on upcoming classes or additional opportunities to stay connected to CORE, you can join our email list below.